Friday, December 30, 2011

The Pitter Patter of Tiny Feet and Rhino Squared

  Hi everyone! I hope your holidays have been amazing so far : ) Mine certainly have! My daughter Rory decided to start walking last Friday just in time for Christmas. Since she was almost 15 months, that means I got an extra 9-10 months out of her, not chasing her : ) That's right, by six months my son Nathen was not only walking and running but climbing as well! He was a good baby just super curious and wanted to do things on his own ; ) It has certainly been an exciting week as Rory has toddled, fallen, gotten back up, toddled, sprinted, fallen and gotten back up. It doesn't seem to faze her too much when she does fall down, she just stands right back up. What a trooper! The kids had a GREAT Christmas. Santa brought them everything they wanted, needed and more. They are so spoiled : ) Eventually when they're not good, that will stop... their pre-teen years maybe? Lol




  We had an amazing Christmas weekend, spending it with my husband Cory's family. We got to eat the best food, joke around, and enjoy each other's company : ) I love living so close to everybody on his side of the family tree since mine is so scattered. I did get to talk to my dad and step mum Debbie last Sat. for Christmas using FaceTime though on my new iPad 2. INCREDIBLE. I was so blown away with how seamless and flawless the whole experience was. No lag, no freezing. Nothing. It was like my dad was sitting two feet away instead of like he's halfway across the world from me. We're going to to try to talk every week now since we have such a neat way to stay in touch that costs NOTHING. He'll get to actually see the kids growing up as they grow up : ) Don't you just love technology?!


I'm sorry to say I haven't started my diet... but honestly what can you expect? It's not even the New Year yet ; ) I have yummy yummy Christmas cookies to eat before Monday, thanks to my amazing mother in law LuAnn! The poor woman has made like three batches of Christmas cookies just for me this Christmas...yes, I know... I have a problem. But they're sooo good... It's really not my fault. They're, like, evil good. But as I said, Monday, start of the new diet. I've got 25-35 lbs to lose before next Christmas's cookies come around. And I'm determined to lose them! So there! No more sinfully evil delicious cookies!!! No more.



  I purchased material to make each of the kids a blanket and ended up feeling a little jealous, so I picked some out for me too ; ) I'm making a Phineas and Ferb one for Nathen, a farm animals for Rory and a cheetah print for me : ) I had extra of Rory's, so I've decided to make her a matching pillow too. And I found a stuff it your self lamb stuffed animal to go with it, lol. Which meant I needed to get Nathen a Phineas and Ferb stuffed animal to go with his. Which means it's now turned into a birthday present, since we're going to be celebrating his 8th birthday in like 8 days. Anyway, I am super psyched to be making them these blankets and to be creating a memory we'll share forever. I can't believe my baby boy is going to be eight. Where does the time go? And how is it possible that in a few short years I will be thirty? I don't mind getting older (I plan on aging like a fine wine) and I look forward to even becoming a grandmother years into the future. But wasn't I eight myself only yesterday? Oh boy. I need a glass of Riesling... 

  We bought my son a hamster a couple of years ago which he named Rhino after the spunky hamster in the movie Bolt. We loved the little rodent dearly even when it pulled a Houdini and escaped time and time again so that it could make the trek across the living room to our far sofa, so that it could climb inside, yes you heard right, inside with the springs and stuffing. Yes we loved that little chunky rodent to pieces when we weren't flipping over our couch every other day to locate the missing turd...lol. Unfortunately after only having her for a few short months Rhino passed away, on of all days, Nathen's birthday two years ago. Nathen never saw her, thank god. I found her and it was extremely traumatizing : ( Cory took her and buried her outside and I waited till we were safely at Chuck E Cheese and having fun to break the news to Nathen, that although Rhino loved us very much, she missed her mother even more and decided to move to the farm to live with her. I only told him the truth a few short weeks ago because we were having THE discussion about death and I thought he was ready to hear it. Now to the point of telling you all of this, lol. 

Enter, Rhino Squared Weidenfeller. My good friend Sonda who lives in an efficiency made a decision, she'd soon regret, to buy a hamster (who oddly, resembles Rhino a great deal) when she realized she no longer gets to sleep because the hamster is nocturnal, lol. So happy birthday Nathen, you get a new hamster! Meet the newest edition to our family of 9 (Cory, Nathen, Rory, me, Ducky the Lop eared bunny, Michaelangelo the Russian tortoise, and now the Syrian hamster) Rhino the second or Rhino Squared if you will ; ) She's a cutie. She'll fit in well with this bunch!





Well till next year,
Have a safe, happy New Year and many Christmas cookies to you!

Sincerely Yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment