Thursday, December 22, 2011

Resolutions and iPads...

So... #1 New years resolution? Lose weight. Best toy ever? iPad 2. No contest, for either, unfortunately ; )

 Every year for the past 10 years I've made the resolution to quit smoking. This year, like the year 2009, I'm starting the New Year right. Not smoking ; )  I'm especially proud of myself this year because I don't have trying to get pregnant as a reason I'm sticking to my guns. 4 weeks and counting... the pounds : ( Worst part about quitting smoking, other than the fact that it's one of the hardest things a smoker has ever had to do is the weight gain. No matter how hard you try to not over eat, you just can't seem to keep them off. This can lead to depression which usually foils your plans to quit smoking. I know, been there. Not this year though. The extra weight sucks, yes, but that doesn't mean I can't do this or that I can't help keep the weight gain down by exercising and making sure to eat right. Which bring me to the third topic I wanted to touch on. Food. I need recipe ideas that taste good and that are "good" for you. It's easy to Google, but I haven't had a lot of luck with finding recipes that either don't break the bank or that actually taste good. So any firsthand recommendations for meals, dressings, drinks or habits would be greatly appreciated! Time to get on this and time to start counting the pounds from weight loss rather than gain ; ) 



 There's this app I really like called Epicurious. It seems like the place to go for meal ideas. It's available to download for free on any android or apple devices that are compatible with downloading apps. Check it out, and please, if you try anything on there and have any positive or negative feedback, share? I'm currently trying to add a link so that you have a direct line to their website but I'm typing this from my new iPad 2 and I'm still learning and working out Blogsy's kinks, lol.

 Ah-ha! Got it. I LOVE Blogsy! Great blogging app. So my iPad 2 came in on Tuesday and I've been on it nonstop... It's amazing and does everything I wanted it for so I'm extremely happy : ) I'm still waiting on my orange gel cover but for now, it's decked out in purple. I call it my purplicious pad, lol.  I'm at around 40 apps and counting. Top 5 would probably have to be:




To wrap it all up: This year my New Years resolution will not only be kept but it's a new one which is is very exciting for me! iPad 2= greatest adult tech toy EVER. And I need recipes so have a care and share ; ) 

This Braised Paprika Chicken looks delish, think I will have to try! 





Well, sorry to cut it short but I should get off here. It's Princess Lorelei Peyton's nap time ; ) which means Mom gets to do dishes... I'd rather have a nap.


                                                         
                                                                   For Moms


   Happy holidays E&I followers ; ) Love you all!

      Sincerely Yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment